Men. We understand that sometimes we screw up. Sometimes an explanation sounds just fine in your head…. but loses something in translation. That’s why we’ve had the scientests here at FireFly Bachelor Parties create our newest tool - The Excuse Generator. It comes with 3 great tools to help explain the mayhem that was the bachelor party.
Find an Excuse
We’ve tied into the Google machine and can now provide you with legitimate real-time real-life events that you can use to craft the ultimate story of heroics with a touch of humanity. Simply enter your zipcode and our techno wizardry will find you news events that correspond to the topic of your choice.
Create an Excuse
Simply enter a few key details in our Excuse Creator and you’ll have a custom excuse to get you out of any bachelor party related bind.
Pick an Excuse
We polled several industry greats and compiled a list of excuses that are 101% guaranteed to get you out of any jam. Just press the button and watch as the excuses leap onto the screen. It’s a crazy wonderful world we live in.
Regardless of which tool you use, please remember that with great power comes great responsibility.
The Excuse Generator
We all want to wax philosophical and capture the audience like Vince Vaughn, but Vinnie We are not. As a man we can be forgiven slight lapses in propriety as we extol the virtues, or lack of, that the Groom is known for. But it’s best to stay vague when you reference actual events that were “embarrassing”. Try to keep the heat on the groom and not the rest of the wedding party. If you do involve anyone outside the Groom be sure to avoid digs at physical or mental deficiencies, things that could be hurtful. Your goal is leave the audience with some chuckles and a slight warm fuzzy.
Prepare thoroughly! Your job of writing the speech should ideally start several weeks before the big day. This will enable you to practice the speech, when to pause, the intonations of your voice, the jokes. The more you practice the less nervous you will be, remember practice makes perfect. – to be honest you will be so busy you wont have time to get nervous!
- Run the speech by a couple of your friends, they will let you know how you are doing
- Keep it relevant to the crowd, inside jokes with you and the groom don’t tend to translate.
- Make a decision whether to read your speech, memorize it or write down key points to help you.
- The ideal speech should last five to seven minutes (approximately 1000 words).Content – what should I talk about?
Honestly, speak from the heart. You’re not supposed to be Vince Vaughn or even Zac Galifianakis from the Hangover. Just be you. Because unless You is crazy drunk and hallucinating, you should be fine.
The bachelor party or bachelorette party is where everyone loves to go big. We party like Charlie Sheen and spend money like Donald Trump and can’t remember much the day after. The transportation of choice is usually a stretched SUV limousine or tricked out party bus rental. When it comes to picking your VIP limo transportation you need to be careful. If you do a search for Party Bus or limousine you’ll get a bazillion different companies trying to win you over. You’ll see cheap prices, free hours, free drinks, and more clamoring for your attention. Not all companies are created equal. Here are a few things to watch out for:
1. Do they own their vehicles/fleet? We deal with a lot of companies but we won’t work with one that doesn’t own it’s own vehicles. There are a lot of limo brokers out there who resell limousine services. They take a booking then farm it out to the lowest bidder. This means they don’t have firsthand knowledge of the vehicle or driver. We prefer to go to the source and book with companies that service their own vehicles and have regular drivers. Continue reading →
What is the perfect drink for the bachelor party? The debate has bounced off the walls of many a man cave and still we are no closer to an answer. The perfect drink is an elusive prey, a fickle mistress, and a muse worth seeking. In hopes of easing your troubled man mind, we reached out to some of the men(and one woman) tied to the wedding industry and put the question to them. Hoping… that their answers might bring peace to those bands of men wandering from bar to bar in celebration of the groom’s impending matrimony. Read what they had to say about the perfect bachelor party drink: Continue reading →
Dont’ wait! Take time well in advance of the bachelor party to plan out what you’ll be doing. If you have a $500 per person event you don’t want to spring it on your group 2 weeks before.
It is always a hassle collecting everyone’s money, especially when you don’t know everyone that is invited. With FireFly you won’t have to worry about collecting, you already have enough jobs to do. Everyone invited can log on and pay for their own seat, it means you won’t be out of pocket if people don’t show up. Each bachelor can contribute towards the Groom’s seat
If you want to a taste of all-American culture, then head to Los Angeles. It is the entertainment capital of the world, the streets of Hollywood often feel like a reality show. This diverse city has restaurants for the adventurous palate, the hottest clubs and eclectic beach cities.
When hosting a bachelor party or bachelorette party in Los Angeles you always have to take into consideration the traffic, so leave plenty of time if you are going from one activity to another. We recommend getting a limo or party bus, so you can relax and have a few drinks (optional) while someone else takes care of parking and navigating the traffic. Limo drivers are also great at recommending local activities and flavors.
When we look for new locations for our parties we take a few things into account.
- Transportation - is it easy to get around in Los Angeles? Public Transportation?
- Proximity – Is everything ie. bars, clubs, restaurants, hotels, etc close to each other? Are there some cool daytime excursions close to the area for the bachelorette party?
- Saturation - Does the area have a strong selection of clubs, restaurants, bars, lodging etc?
- Safety – Would a group feel comfortable wandering around the streets at 2 in the morning?
In Los Angeles a Bachelor Party can go clay pigeon shooting, go-karting, or indoor sky-diving before hitting the clubs, while the Bachelorette Party can sample Champagnes, cook a gourmet 3 course dinner or simply relax in a spa. You will not be disappointed by the sights and sounds in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles Bachelor Party Packages:
- Speed Demon – 50 laps round the race track, did we mention that you are driving, then sit down for a family style dinner and club.
- Platinum – Spy School – Self defense followed by fencing, then learn how to make the perfect Martini – you are now ready for your next mission Mr Bond
- Bump & Bowl – Bumper cars on ice (are you kidding me), then off to a swanky bowling alley with bar.
Los Angeles Bachelorette Party Packages:
- Idol Wannabe – Become a superstar for the day and make your own CD, then sit down to a family style dinner and entrance to a club.
- Glamor Girls – Design your own perfume, then have your nails painted in this chic nail boutique (private party)
- Chocoholic Poles – Awaken your inner sex kitten pole dancing then indulge in chocolate, make or taste these delectable treats in a chic chocolate shop (our most popular package)
The Guest List
Think about the number of people you want to invite to your bachelor party. Up to 20 is usually a good number, any more and things might be hard to control and get out of hand. After 20 reservations become difficult, space is tighter, and it’s a whole lot of personality in one place. Keep it cozy and focus on the fun.