Honestly, I never wanted the screaming drunk mayhem that gets associated with bachelorette parties. I want it to be fun, adventurous, and different. I know I’m not alone out there so I am putting ideas up for those brides who want something to remember. I looked at our bachelorette party packages and picked some ideas that I think are off the beaten track. Send this list to your Maid of Honor and see what kind of memories you can make.
Heavy Equipment Theme Park – Denver, Colorado
Move over boys it’s time for some the women to play with big toys in the dirt! Have you ever thought it would be cool to operate an excavator, bulldozer or skid steer? Then now is your opportunity to play in the dirt. On your digging adventure you can doze and excavate dams and ponds. Move and remove sand, gravel, rock, and other materials from your own individual work area. Continue reading →
We know as MOH you have a lot of responsibilities, so we thought we’d ease your burden by listing out a great emergency kit that you can put together for the bride – she will love you for it. These are hings that she might not have thought of or forgotten to bring on the day of the wedding like a sewing kit, mints, or fabric spot cleaner. You can buy most of these “just in case” items at the drug store, Target or Walmart.
If you pick a cute basket to hold everything the bride can reuse it once the wedding is past. Here’s our starter list, we’re sure you’ll have some fun items to add to the list:
- Headache pills
- Mints/pocket listerine
- Clear Nail Polish / File
- Dental Floss
- Needle and Thread
- Kleenex, for the emotional tears
- Lint remover
- Q Tips
- Safety Pins
- Shout Pen/Wipes / Chalk
- Hand Sanitzer
- Glue/ Double Sided Tape
- Granola Bar
- Hair Elastics / Hairspray / Hair Pins
- Baby Powder
- Instant Hem & Cuff Fabric Tape
I found a lot of great boxes at the Container Store, click on the pictures below for more ideas.
For the Bachelorette Party, it’s a sweet gesture to put together a token gift for all the girls for the day or night out. It’s a little something extra from the bridal shower gifts. You can get a little more creative and artsy when putting together this emergency kit. You can package them up in cute gift bags or boxes that match the colors of the wedding. You can add a little message to each item, something funny or personal. These are just suggestions to help you as you select items for you your kit.
- Lip Gloss
- Headache pills
- FireFly Event Trip Sheet (Maps, itinerary, phone numbers)
- Condoms (safety first) – for all those single girls
- Candy necklace
- Emory Board / Clear nail polish
- Band Aid
- Hair Ties
- Shot Glass and small bottle of alcohol
I found a few cute bags on Etsy that are reasonably priced to put all your goodies in. It’s a lovely gift which is also a nice keepsake for the girls.
Click on the bags below to find out which Etsy Store they belong to.
If you would prefer to buy a kit already made, we have found this great site Classy Girl Gift Co. They also have kits for the bride on
100 Layer Cake held a DIY competition, one of the finalists was Meredith’s Bachelorette Survival Kit – which we think is adorable.
Bachelorette Party Props
There are a few things that you might want to bring along to the bachelorette party, to let the world know that your best friend is getting married.
- A Headpiece – Either a veil, tiara, bride hat or a hilarious wig.
- Burlesque – A feather boa
- The Dare to List – Get all the girls to write down some dares for the bride to do while on her bachelorette party (we will include one at a later date)
- Design a T-Shirt – All the bachelorette guests can design their own t-shirt, or one for the bride – something funny (a picture from the past or a funny one of the groom) or a cute one
- Blow-up Doll – A blow up doll that the bride has to carry or handcuff to herself, dressed in a funny outfit.
- Disposable Cameras – About 2 of them, this means the cameras can be passed around during the bachelorette party, you want to make sure you get a record of this once in a lifetime event. You can even hire a photographer – we have some great packages on our site. They will be able to document the event professionally. What an amazing memory.
- X-Rated paraphernalia – need we say anymore – there are lots of bachelorette party sites or adult stores that you can purchase naughty gifts.
San Diego – The Convention Center
Aaaahhhh….lovely San Diego, what a great place to have a booth at a bridal show. We were welcomed by a number of fabulous brides-to-be and Maid of Honors, even a few grooms who were being dragged round the event. Luckily for the grooms this show had some free samples of champagne to dull the pain. =)
Here’s Nadine with our new booth concept:
Our new bridal "shower" booth for bridal shows(say that 3 times fast).
We came up with the idea of creating a shower (for bridal showers)!!! James did a fab job of creating the masterpiece (not without help).
As always, we had wonderful neighbors, some of whom we will feature in our future blog posts.
Orange County – Queen Mary
Ahoy Mateys…. It be time for an accounting of our recent show…. Ahem… We had a great time at the Queen Mary Bridal show. Amidst the art deco décor, the ocean, and sailors we managed to meet lots of wonderful brides and avoided having the theme from The Love Boat stuck in our heads. It was a tighter fit at this show, but we didn’t mind because once again our neighbors were fabulous. The crew from Silver Line Productions kept trying to steal our bachelorette sash and we tried to steal their candy. By the end of the show we were sugared up and Victor from SilverLine had the sash.
We’re looking forward to our next show when our booth will include a blow up doll(stay tuned for details)!!
Nadine and Victor from Silverline Productions after he finally got our sash!
FireFly Bachelor Events - Some of our new friends from the show